This article will be updated during the chat and after with all the new info we get! Later on I will clean it up making it more readable
The text that ends with a ?? is a personal question, not a fact! For a lot of screengrabs, our friends at @sim_cookie have a lot of them here: simcookie…ns-70-captures/
The Sims 3 Seasons
- Aliens blog on the official site: thesims3….l?blogid=459347
- Aliens are different than sims 2, they have more powers!
- Aliens have a probe that can tickle,
- Powers include: drain motives from other Sims and boost their own, can transmute objects to make for instance a gem better
- Aliens have UFOs
- UFOs can hover in the sky, other Sims look at it and it can attack lots with lasers – new death??
- The UFOs first show as special sparklinkg lights in the sky that Sims are attracted too, then they are abducted
- Both female and male Sims can get pregnant from an abduction. (every single time or is it random??)
- Adding an Alien to your family is not as hard as adding a Unicorn!
New interactions, items and general stuff
- Sims bring their own food to parties
- Not all trees change color or lose their leaves, just like in RL!
- There are many of pile of leaves, you can woohoo in a big pile
- several new woohoo spots leaf pile 'just one of the new places
- bee and shark costume are new costumes that your sim can get if you pre-order with origin
- moonlight will have a completely different festival setting than sunset valley, with EP specific objects
- reward for pie-eating contest is a week of all the pies you can eat.
- some of the items you can buy on the festival lots with festival tickets that you win in the events, I imagine this is like World Adventures gold coins.
- thunderstorms are dangerous!
- festival lots will be available on store worlds.
- can get tans in the summer or tanning booth, watch out for failures!
- polar bear club, jump in the sea/lake in the winter and get a polar bear club moodlet, protects you from frost
- new plants which gives new foodtypes, can protect them in the winter in a greenhouse ( using supernaturals planters function)
- diving boards, can make a cannon for a big splash and the splash makes Sims nearby wet.
- outerwear protects from weather, but can also hurt if you wear too warm clothes int he summer or not enough clothes in the winter.
- best spring activity: kissing booth
Weather Stone – needs Supernatural Installed
- weather stone, magical object that supernaturals can interact with, brand new weather that you cannot get any other way.
- Weather stone will show up randomly somewhere in your world.
- sucess rate of the weather appearing depends on how many supernaturals summon the weather.
- blueprint mode, will be available in the patch, will be able to place pre-built room.
- in sunlit tides you will be able to swim to new islands (with seasons patch installed)
- new sports, like football/soccer
The Sims 3 Official Magazine
- Digital magazine
- Will be available on iOS and Android
The Sims 3 Monte Vista
- beautiful bright and sun kissed world
- Walled in city, it looks to me like Sienna or Bergamo in Italy
- Premium content: woodfire oven – improves cooking skill and new recipes (including pizza, lasagna, calzones!!)
- available this winter (2012)
The Sims 70s, 80s, 90s Stuff pack
- January 2013
- taking it back to yesteryear
- iconic looks
- white collar jacket
- boombox stereo
- chic grunge apparel
- Finalized city size: medium city size, the game itself is more in depth. focus is really on having more cities at the same time.
- Factories generate illness and injuries
- Can plob new modules next to buildings to make them better, or decorate, can customize what a building looks like with this.
- Lots of small sound effects as you move along the city.
- Cities are in a region, power/water/services (garbage/firemen/etc) are shared.
- Share airport, much more to do at region/multiplaying level.
- For people prefer solo, you can play an entire region solo, there will still be leaderboards.
- You can control all the cities in a region and use those cities to complete great works (international airports)
- Terraforming was cut, its an added challenge to work with the existing terrain.
- There is water in the game, also cliffs and hills
- Cities suffer from polution or crime that created by other cities in that region
- You can take over a city when somebody abandons a city
- Boats, trains, busses are all in the game!
- Bus station can be upgraded with garages, which adds more busses to your city
- If you have a big bus station (for example) it can help with tourism to other cities
- No news about the beta.
- It is not a simple game, easy to understand but still a challenge to play! Lots of stats shown visually instead of spreadsheet.
- Pre order simcity and get a The Sims 3 themed object for SimCity!