After this weeks Pancake day we thought we should have a healthy recipe instead!
In Game Recipe
Arugula, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Waldorf Salad Recipe
Jamie’s Cranberry Spinach Salad
Autumn Harvest Chicken Salad
Copycat Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Original picture by: lorinN
The Sims 2 – Chef Salad
Skill Level: 3
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepepr
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 4 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 4 cups romaine, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ripe pears, cored and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl combine the shallot, pomegranate molasses, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk until the salt is dissolved.
- Whisk in the olive oil and let vinaigrette stand at room temperature until salad is assembled.
- Combine the arugula, romaine, pears and half of the pomegranate seeds in a large bowl.
- Crumble half of the goat cheese over the ingredients in the bowl (this works best if the cheese is very cold).
- Whisk the vinaigrette until uniform and add all but 2 tablespoons of it to the bowl.
- Gently toss the salad with your hands or salad tongs, coating the ingredients well with the vinaigrette.
- If the salad seems dry, add the vinaigrette in small increments until it is dressed to your liking.
- Crumble the remaining cheese over the salad and sprinkle the remaining pomegranate seeds and the pistachios over the top. Serve immediately.’
- 1/2 cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced (or a 1/4 cup of raisins)
- 1 sweet apple, cored and chopped
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise (or yogurt) and the lemon juice.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper.
- Mix in the apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce.
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 European seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 cubanelle pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 cup Kalamata black olives
- Several sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, about 1/2 cup
- 2 (1/4 pound) slices imported Greek feta
- 1/4 cup (a couple of glugs) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (3 splashes) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in palm of your hand
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Pita breads
- Combine vegetables, olives, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Rest sliced feta on the top of salad.
- Combine oil, vinegar, and oregano in a small plastic container with a lid.
- Shake vigorously to combine oil and vinegar and pour over salad and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and let the salad marinate until ready to serve.
- Serve salad with pita bread blistered and warmed on a hot griddle or grill pan.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 pound spinach, rinsed and torn into bite
- -size pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Toss with spinach just before serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecan, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Serve on thick, doughy slices of sourdough bread.
- 1 bag pre-washed romaine lettuce
- 1 bag pre-washed baby spinach
- 4 medium chicken breasts
For the chicken marinade:
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (or agave nectar, or honey)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, toasted in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Chopped cilantro
- 11oz can mandarin oranges packed in water or 100% juice (rinse in water if packed in syrup)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Baked or fried wonton strips
- Sesame seeds
- For the chicken: Whisk together chicken marinade ingredients, and marinate chicken for 15 minutes. Grill, or cook in a non-stick sprayed skillet until done, then let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices.
- For the dressing: Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat, then add in the sugar and stir until dissolved. Let cool. Combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients in a jar, and shake to combine.
- Divide lettuce and spinach between four plates. Top with sliced chicken, salad dressing, and toppings.