Update: Due to the few entries we are extending the deadline of this contest by 2 more weeks, so you will have time till the 11th of May to submit! We are very sorry to the two people who are already submitted because they have to wait longer now to see if they won.
Thanks to EA UK, we have some Sims 3 University Life goodies to give away. So, we thought what better way to celebrate the eagerly awaited release of University Life, than with a Dorm Building competition.
To enter you have to build a dorm that will work in The Sims 3 University town, there are three types of dorms, a regular dormitory (for both genders), fraternities (male only) and sororities (female only). This contest works best if you have The Sims 3 university but it is not required. A dorm is basically a big house that can house 8 Sims.
A dorm should have:
- At least 8 beds – although sims can share a bedroom
- At least one full bathroom, designed to be shared
- At least one full kitchen
- Study facilities – as simple as a bookcase and computer, or as in depth as you like
- Entertainment Items – well, half the fun of Uni, is the party!
How you tackle this is up to you, but here’s some ideas!
- A regular dorm – the kind where you would have liked to live at while at uni. Classic Greek or More Modern? Up to you!
- Based on a fictional dorm – for example, Legally Blonde, Harry Potter, St Trinians or Vampire Academy.
- A Themed Dorm for one or more of the new social groups – Nerds, Jocks and Rebels
- Recreate your favourite The Sims 2 Dorm
All lots should be submitted to Platinum Simmers, in sims3pack format. We have a guide on how to submit here: how to share your house on Platinum Simmers We prefer lots without any Custom Content, but will allow those on Platinum Simmers or from The Sims 3 Store.
27th of March 2013 – 11th of May 2013 23:59 PM BST
Judging will be based on both the creativity involved in your dorm, but also on how well it functions as a place to live, socialise, study and most importantly, party!
We have two winners, the grandprize wins a poster, tshirt, wristband and a usb plumbob. The second prize is a poster, wristband and usb plumbob.